- Ensure close adult supervision at all times.
- We recommend that children play BAREFOOT (unless using orthotic devices/foot braces, in which case shoes should be worn to avoid slipping), with NO LOOSE CLOTHING such as skirts or dresses.
- Position the Pikler triangle and attachments on a flat, even surface, with either a safety mat or rug underneath.
- IMPORTANT: The lower edge of the reversible ramp and bouldering ramp should always be planted firmly on the floor or on top of another STURDY surface such as a bench or stool. DO NOT let children hang off of one side of the horizontal ladder as this may cause it to tilt to one side.
- Pikler attachments must only be moved from rung to rung by adults.
- With the exception of therapy sessions, children should be allowed to explore and discover the Pikler triangle on their own. By nature, they will crawl and climb, descend and traverse the Pikler triangle when they are ready. DO NOT hold their hands to help them go up the Pikler triangle and attachments.
- The triangle easily folds for storage. When storing the triangle vertically, ensure that it is out of reach of children.
- DO NOT let children use the Pikler system when sleepy or sick.
Materials and Production
We use one or a combination of these three types of wood depending on availability and assembly part:
Finland Pine - these are slow-grown, 75-year old trees imported from Europe. This wood is known for its exceptional durability and aesthetic appeal.
European Birch Plywood - NOT your typical hardware plywood or MDF! At least 10 layers of veneers are sandwiched together to form a very dense plywood of remarkable strength, with minimal jagged edges and excellent "bite" for screws and other hardware.
Other Species - solid Ash, Beech, Birch, Maple, Poplar, Alder, and American Sycamore.
All woods are child-safe and bought raw and unfinished from local suppliers. This gives us full control over the quality and safety of finishes. We NEVER use palochina, upcycled/reclaimed wood, particleboard or MDF.
As part of our ethical standards, we only use wood from trees which are responsibly-grown and certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) and with the corresponding permits from the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR). We NEVER use wood which come from illegal logging.
- Most of our products come in a natural wood finish. For these items, we use either water-based or oil-based finishes that are free of VOCs and heavy metal hardeners.
- Some of our toys are painted and for these, we only use ASTM and EN-71 certified paint.
Production and Safety Testing
Our wooden products are made in our workshop in Quezon City, Philippines. Before launching a new product, we make sure that they are safety tested following these standards:
- American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) International F963 - Standard Consumer Safety Specification for Toy Safety
- EN71 European Standards for Toy Safety
Other steps we take:
- We consult with experts to ensure that each product is excellently designed and constructed - a wood anatomy expert, physical and occupational therapists specializing in pediatric cases, and teachers, to name a few.
- Toys with small parts which can cause choking when mouthed are properly labeled and advertised as for children 3 years+ only
- Pointed parts are blunted and wood surfaces are ensured to be splinter-free
- Paints and finishes meet and exceed standards on BPA, phthalate, lead, cadmium, PVC and radioactive filler content. We can even paint and finish our products (worry-free!) with our child, Zen, in the same room.
Yes! We guarantee the materials and craftsmanship of our products for 1 year from the date of purchase. This does not cover damage due to abuse or misuse, such as:
- Extensive outdoor use.
- Exceeding the weight limit.
If damage occurs due to normal use or defects in the parts, we will gladly replace parts or the entire product, or refund the product, at our discretion. Please send an e-mail to email@example.com with subject "Order Issue", and include:
- order number
- date of purchase
- close-up photos of the defect/s
Pick Up and Delivery Options
Smaller items such as tracing boards or blocks will be shipped to customers via Fastrack or Lalamove. We will notify you if a shipment is on the way.
For larger items like our Pikler Play System, you may opt for pick up or delivery:
- Pick Up in Metro Manila: P. Tuazon Blvd., Cubao, Quezon City (near Chocolate Lovers)
- Metro Manila Delivery: Rate is computed and charged upon check-out.
- Provincial Delivery: Please contact us for a quote before placing your order.
Unless specified as for outdoor use, our products are made primarily for indoor use only. Permanently placing them outside will make them susceptible to mold, termite attack and rotting. This is the trade-off because the wood was not treated with chemicals.
They can be brought outside for short periods (ideally with mats underneath) and returned inside afterwards.
Promotions or Volume Discounts
Sorry, we don't do big discounts or sales at Dev Depot. Here's why:
- We don't scrimp on our wood. With prices ranging from P120 to a whopping P180 per board foot, our wood is as premium, durable and child-safe as can be.
- We use only the best paint and finishes. In fact, we ship most of it from the US and Europe where strict regulations are imposed on anything to be used on toys. We guarantee that they are free of nasties.
- We use only rust-free, stainless steel bolts and screws.
- Our craftsmen love us because we pay fair labor and are not slave drivers.
As special needs parents, we understand how costly it is to raise a child during this time. Our prices were set while taking this into consideration, without having to sacrifice quality or workmanship. We believe that our children deserve nothing but the best.